Plaza Vacante en ProtoQSAR (Valencia)
ProtoQSAR SL, oferta una plaza vacante integrada en el programa Marie Curie, dirigida a estudiantes que no hayan residido/trabajado en España durante más de doce meses dentro de los últimos tres años.
Por la naturaleza del puesto y las actividades previstas estan buscando estudiantes con una formación en química computacional, aunque también están interesados en buenos estudiantes en otras áreas, entre ellas la toxicología, que tengan un interés en aprender y desarrollar métodos computacionales de predicción.
ProtoQSAR is a company founded in 2012 and located in the Science Park of the University of Valencia (Spain). Our activity consists in the application of computational methods to natural or synthetic chemical compounds, in order to predict and optimize their physico-chemical, biological and/or (eco)toxicological properties. Main working areas: pharmacy, veterinary, cosmetic, agrochemical, etc.
Our competences include chemoinformatics (QSAR, grouping, Read-across, etc.), management and analysis of chemical data, computational toxicology, molecular modelling (docking, pharmacophores, virtual screening). We have extensive experience in both the academic and industrial sides, with more than 80 publications in national and international scientific journals, and over 50 seminars and presentations at professional conferences.
For further information about us and our activities, please see our web page: www.protoqsar.com
ProtoQSAR is offering a unique opportunity for an Early Stage Researcher (ESR) to undertake research in the framework of the project “PROTECTED” (“PROTECTion against Endocrine Disruptors; detection, mixtures, health effects, risk assessment and communication”). The ESR will be funded for 3 years through the prestigious Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Innovative Training Network (ITN) programme, an initiative by the European Commission (EC) to foster academic-industrial collaboration in the frame of an innovative and entrepreneurial PhD training program.
More information about the MSCA-ITN program and the PROTECTED project at:
The aim of the ESR at ProtoQSAR will be to develop computational predictive models for the effects of endocrine disruptors (EDs) and their mixtures through the use of advanced in silico techniques, mainly predictive quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR) models.
Information on chemicals in epidemiology studies, natural hormones levels during foetal development will be provided by other partners of the ITN, for predictive computational development and validation purposes, and real life mixtures will also be generated with the same objective. Once all the necessary information is compiled, the ESR will apply different chemo-informatics approaches to produce models for EDs and their mixtures. Experimental validation of the robustness and predictive ability of the models will also be performed. Finally, virtual screening (VS) tools will be applied for searching alternatives to chemicals with ED concern.
Optionally, the ESR can follow in parallel a PhD program related to the PROTECTED work at ProtoQSAR, financed by the company with the project budget allocated for research activities.
– 1st class or 2.1 Honours Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology or a related discipline.
– Demonstrable knowledge or basic background on chemoinformatics and molecular modelling.
– Demonstrable knowledge and interest in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery.
– Be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of his/her research career and not yet have been awarded a doctorate. This 4-year period is measured from the date of obtaining the degree which would formally entitle to embark on a doctorate.
– Be a national of any country and must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the selection for this position.
– Be willing and able to perform secondments or participate in training programs at the facilities of other consortium members such as The Netherlands, Norway, France, Chile, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
– For candidates wishing to follow a PhD programme in parallel, they have to be eligible and qualified for enrolment in the PhD programme at the University of their choice (preferably at the University of Valencia, Spain, which is located close to the ProtoQSAR offices).
Terms of appointment
MSCA-ITN offers an attractive salary and working conditions. A unique feature of MSCA-ITN is that during the PhD research, ESR PhD students will be given the opportunity to perform secondments at the facilities of other consortium members. ESR PhD students will benefit from a dedicated training program in the various fields of expertise of the consortium partners. Salary is complemented with a mobility allowance.
How to apply
If interested, please send Curriculum Vitae, a letter of motivation and two-three recommendation letters to[email protected] before the closing application deadline Monday 16th January 2017.