Call for Proposals for the EUROTOX 2019 Congress Scientific Programme
On behalf of the Scientific Programme Committee (SCP) I invite you to submit your proposal for the
EUROTOX 2019 Congress that will be held in Helsinki, September 8-‐11, 2019.
This year’s theme is “Toxicology -‐ Science providing solutions”. It reflects our inclination to tackle topics dealing with new and emerging technologies, personalized medicine, epidemiology of exposure to chemicals, as well as environmental issues. Submissions in line with this theme are strongly encouraged. Make sure to follow the general guidelines below when preparing your proposal.
We urge all Individual Members, Member Societies, Speciality Sections, SubCommittees and Corporate Members, as well as scientific and industry partners to contribute. Only a common effort will guarantee a high quality programme and keep our annual congress a reference point for the toxicologists not only in Europe but also internationally.
Please submit your scientific proposals using the attached form making sure to include the organizer details, the recommended speakers, and a brief presentation for the proposal. Send your proposals to the EUROTOX Secretariat ([email protected]) by December 8, 2017.
The EUROTOX 2019 Scientific Programme Committee members are:
- Heather Wallace, Chair
- Aristidis Tsatsakis, EUROTOX Executive Member
- Thomas Weiser, EUROTOX Executive Member
- 2019 LOC Scientific Programme Committee
- § Kai Savolainen, 2019 Congress President
- § David Bell, Local SPC Chair
- Chairs of the EUROTOX Speciality Sections
- § Jan Vondracek, Carcinogenesis
- § Georges Kass, ERAS Risk Assessment
- § Marc Pallardy, Immunotoxicology & Chemical Allergy
- § Hilmi Orhan, Molecular Toxicology
- Eva Bonefeld-‐Jørgensen, EUROTOX 2020 Copenhagen congress delegate
We also urge you to support and encourage young scientists in your sessions since taking part in symposia and workshops is still an important activity for help them to develop their scientific and professional skills.
Thank you in advance for your continuous support and contribution, and I look forward to receiving your proposal.
Prof. Heather Wallace
Scientific Programme Committee Chair
The theme for the 2019 congress is “Toxicology -‐ Science providing solutions”. It reflects our inclination to tackle topics dealing with new and emerging technologies, personalized medicine, epidemiology of exposure to chemicals, as well as environmental issues. Submissions in line with this theme are strongly encouraged. Make sure to follow the general guidelines below when preparing your proposal.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 8 , 2017
SEND PROPOSALS VIA EMAIL TO [email protected]
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SCIENTIFIC PROPOSALS
- Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria: scientific quality, relevance, timeliness and completeness of the information (including details of all speakers, chairs, title, and short description).
- Geographical distribution (not more than 2 speakers from the same country, except for CEC’s)
- The Congress Organization strongly encourages interaction between Academia-‐Industry-‐Regulators and interdisciplinary approaches (basic research, clinical/epidemiological, regulation) therefore we ask that you make every effort to include speakers from all mentioned
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR SCIENTIFIC PROPOSALS
SYMPOSIA: aims to be topical or cutting edge scientific knowledge exchange with experts in the area presenting data from their research and answering questions from the audience.
- Should be 2 hours and have 4
- The first speaker should set the scene for the symposium by explaining briefly the background to the topic before presenting his/her
- The talks should be 25 minutes with 5 minutes for questions. A total of 30 min per
- The symposium needs a chair and co-‐chair.
WORKSHOP: aims to review a specific topic or area, providing state of the art opinions or presenting a controversial viewpoint, with a panel discussion as well as questions and answers being an integral part of the workshop.
- Selected area of interest can include methods or technology
- Should last 2 hours and have 4 speakers giving in depth
- Presentations should last 25
- There should be 20 min for Q & A in the form of a panel discussion (all 4 speakers) at the end of the presentations.
- The Chair should introduce the topic and set the scene for the talks and
- The workshop needs a chair and co-‐chair.
ROUNDTABLE : A discussion based session of 120 minutes with 4 participants. Only short presentations should be planned (5-‐10 minutes each presenter) with the majority of time allocated for open discussion with the panel and the audience.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE ( CEC): An educational session where 4-‐6 experts in the field present a balanced view of established principles. Proposers/chairs should ensure they work with individual speakers to achieve balance and prevent repetition. Scheduled Sunday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, including coffee and lunch breaks.
KEYNOTE LECTURE: 1 speaker, lasting a total of 45 minutes. For international renowned leaders in the field to present recent hot topics or an authoritative overview of issues of broad interest.